The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of physicians, radiologists, nurses, APRNs, Pas, and other professionals involved in the care of patients searching for non-invasive medical aesthetic treatments.
Statement of Need/Program Overview
Medical aesthetic professionals in the medical aesthetic field have demonstrated a high desire for in-depth technique discussions as a matter of providing updated techniques and procedures and implementing them in safe practices. Medical aesthetic professionals have asked for technique sessions describing the latest advances in the nonsurgical treatments to help them achieve higher standards and better results for their patients, as well as increasing safety and accuracy of injections.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- To explain the science of energy devices
- Define the terminology used in energy devices
- To operate the settings on a selection of energy devices
- To explain the physics of energy devices, and selection of appropriate wavelengths for patient skin types and conditions
- To discuss the value of energy devices combined with other modalities in treating tattoo removal, acne reduction and acne scar treatment
- To provide live demonstrations of a selection of energy devices including CO2 Lasers and devices operating at wavelengths of between 755- 2940
Physician Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and American Med Spa Association. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Global Education Group designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
Global Education Group is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for 7 contact hours is provided by Global Education Group. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Global Contact Information
For information about the accreditation of this program, please contact Global at 303-395-1782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Obtaining Credit
In order to receive credit, participants must attend the full live event and follow the steps below:
- Application link (to be added following the program)
- Select your degree/specialty.
- Complete the Credit Application
- Complete the Post Test (if required)
- Complete the Evaluation Form
- Upon successful completion, your CME/CE certificate will be available for immediate download as well as be sent to the email address you provided when you registered.
Fee Information& Refund/Cancellation Policy
- All registration fees are in U.S. dollars. Registrations will NOT be processed without full payment.
- No refunds: all sales are final. In cases of emergency (as determined by AmSpa) that prevent you from attending the event, your AmSpa account can be credited the amount of your registration. This credit can be used toward any future AmSpa hosted event within one year of the date of the original registered event. Cancellation made less than 10 days prior to the event will be subject to a $150 fee per registrant. In the event AmSpa cancels the Medical Spa Show or experiences a force majeure event beyond AmSpa’s control that prohibits the event from taking place in any fashion, AmSpa may, at their sole discretion issue refunds or credits to all attendees.
Disclosures of Relevant Financial Relationships
Global Education Group (Global) adheres to the policies and guidelines, including the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited CE, set forth to providers by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and all other professional organizations, as applicable, stating those activities where continuing education credits are awarded must be balanced, independent, objective, and scientifically rigorous. All persons in a position to control the content of an accredited continuing education program provided by Global are required to disclose all financial relationships with any ineligible company within the past 24 months to Global. All financial relationships reported are identified as relevant and mitigated by Global in accordance with the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited CE in advance of delivery of the activity to learners. The content of this activity was vetted by Global to assure objectivity and that the activity is free of commercial bias.
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
Faculty Disclosure information to be announced.
The planners and managers at Global Education Group have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The planners and managers at American Med Spa Association have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Global Education Group (Global) and American Med Spa Association do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of any organization associated with this activity. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of patient conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.